Asparagus and Leek Soup Recipe
Net Atkins Count TM
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
1 tsp Garlic
0 3/4 lb Asparagus
1 cup Leeks, fresh chopped
1 14.5 oz can Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
0 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Clean leeks and dice the white and some of the green top. Chop asparagus into 1-2 inch pieces. Add leeks to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes. Add asparagus and cook 1 minute more. Add garlic and sauté for 30 more seconds.
- Add broth to pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, until asparagus is tender.
- Mix in cream, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Blend soup in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Return to pot to heat through before serving (if necessary). Season with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Did you know that you can easily portion out and freeze soup to save for a busy night down the road? When ready to reheat, either microwave or heat up in a pot over the stove with a splash of water.