Keto Beef Fondue Recipe
Net Atkins Count TM
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 3/4 lb Beef Tenderloin (Lean Only, Trimmed to 1/4" Fat, Prime Grade)
1 cup flowerets Broccoli Flower Clusters
1 fruit (2-1/8" dia) Lemon
2 tbsp Sour Cream (Cultured)
2 tbsp Real Mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp Canola Vegetable Oil
For this recipe you will need to fill your fondue pot with canola oil (even though it states just 1 tablespoon). Be sure to have enough on-hand for this purpose.
- Trim away all fat from your meat and cut it into 3/4-inch cubes. Arrange meat, broccoli, and lemon wedges on a platter; cover and refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard; cover and refrigerate.
- Pour oil to come up 1 1/2 inches into your fondue pot (about 4 cups for an 8-inch, 2-quart pot). Pour the oil into a saucepan and place over high heat on your stove top. Heat oil to 300°F on deep-fry thermometer; oil should bubble energetically when a piece of meat is lowered in.
- Carefully pour hot oil back into your fondue pot and set over high heat. Using fondue forks, cook meat and broccoli in the hot oil, garnishing with your choice of lemon, salt or mustard sauce.
- If the temperature of the oil dips below 280°F the meat will cook sluggishly. Carefully pour the oil back into the pot and reheat to 300°F on the stove. Pour back into pot and continue to cook (you will probably have to do this at least once during your meal).
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.