- START AT YOUR VERY NEXT MEAL. Stop putting it off. Stop punishing yourself with negative thoughts. Make the decision to change and DO IT. You’ve got to just jump right in- both feet in the pool! And don’t you dare wait until Monday! By Monday, you might have already have lost weight.
- CLEAR OUT THE JUNK! If there’s junk food in the house, it’s got to go! Out of sight, out of mind.
- STOCK UP ON HEALTHY SNACKS YOU LIKE. I keep two-bite rosemary chicken roll-ups, fresh cut vegetables (with Atkins bleu cheese dressing), and whipped cream cheese wrapped in arugula and green onion in the fridge at home and at work.
- GET CREATIVE WITH YOUR BEVERAGES. I swear by sparkling water with lime and fresh mint. It’s my favorite! Recently, I’ve also gotten into iced green tea, which is a fabulous pick-me-up and is loaded with antioxidants.
- KEEP CHANGING UP YOUR MENU! There are so many different recipes to choose from, there is just no excuse to get bored on Atkins. Make a point to explore new recipes each season.
More From Colette
How to Start an Exercise Program
It’s never too early or too late to start an exercise program that complements your low carb lifestyle. Beyond just weight loss, regular exercise has a variety of health- and lifestyle-enhancing benefits. Exercise may: Help lower total cholesterol and improve the ratio between HDL (“good”) cholesterol and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol; Help improve cardiovascular health; SupportRead More »
What to Know About Plant Based Burgers.
You may be seeing your share of plant-based burgers, such as Impossible Burger and Beyond Meat, at barbecues and gatherings this summer, and you’ll also find them on the menus at many restaurants. But what is the beef on plant-based beef? If you love the taste of a juicy burger but want to limit yourRead More »
Keto Friendly Crackers
Are you craving a crunchy and savory snack? While traditional chips and crackers are not considered keto friendly or low carb, these new keto friendly cracker recipes most certainly are. Whether you’re just grabbing a few keto-friendly crackers for a quick snack, pairing them with hummus, salsa, guacamole, or your favorite dip or showcasing themRead More »