- GO FOR A WALK! I like walking because it’s not intimidating and it’s easy to see your progress. It’s also a fabulous opportunity to bond with your spouse or catch up with your friends. Give it a go! Start with 5 minutes a day and you’ll be surprised how quickly you progress.
- COOL DOWN IN THE POOL! I enjoyed playing in the pool this year with my grandbaby Pearl. If you have little ones, what a magnificent way to bond with them…you won’t even realize you’re exercising.
- LIFT WEIGHTS. The one takes a little time to work up to, but I love it. It feels great!
- ENJOY YOURSELF! Seriously. On Atkins you should never feel hungry or deprived, this isn’t something you need to force yourself through. It’s a different lifestyle, one you should enjoy. And as you start experiencing the benefits, the weight loss, the extra energy, put them to good use enjoying your time with friends and family.
- DON’T LOSE YOUR HEAD! There are so many treats I find difficult to resist, but I have to remember that just one bite leads to just one more, and then I have to go through the whole detox process of weaning myself off sugar again. Remember your motivation and stick with it.
More From Colette
How to Start an Exercise Program
It’s never too early or too late to start an exercise program that complements your low carb lifestyle. Beyond just weight loss, regular exercise has a variety of health- and lifestyle-enhancing benefits. Exercise may: Help lower total cholesterol and improve the ratio between HDL (“good”) cholesterol and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol; Help improve cardiovascular health; SupportRead More »
What to Know About Plant Based Burgers.
You may be seeing your share of plant-based burgers, such as Impossible Burger and Beyond Meat, at barbecues and gatherings this summer, and you’ll also find them on the menus at many restaurants. But what is the beef on plant-based beef? If you love the taste of a juicy burger but want to limit yourRead More »
Keto Friendly Crackers
Are you craving a crunchy and savory snack? While traditional chips and crackers are not considered keto friendly or low carb, these new keto friendly cracker recipes most certainly are. Whether you’re just grabbing a few keto-friendly crackers for a quick snack, pairing them with hummus, salsa, guacamole, or your favorite dip or showcasing themRead More »