Atkins Biscuits Recipe
Net Atkins Count TM
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
2 1/2 Atkins Soy-Free Flour Mix
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 3/4 tsp Salt
1 individual packet Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
0 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter Stick
1 cup Heavy Cream
Use the Atkins recipe to make Atkins Soy-Free Flour Mix for this recipe. You will need 2 1/2 cups to make 18 biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees and place wrack in the top third of the oven.
- Blend together flour mix, baking powder, sugar substitute and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into small chunks and add to the dry ingredients, using a pastry blender or your fingertips to work until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Do not over-mix.
- Pour in heavy cream and stir lightly.
- Coat cutting board with olive oil spray. Using a spatula, transfer the dough to a cutting board. Coat hands with oil spray and lightly knead dough a few times until blended. Do not over knead.
- Pat out dough into a circle 1/2 - 3/4-inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter with a 2¼-inch diameter, form biscuits. Make an extra biscuit out of scraps instead of re-rolling the dough.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet coated with oil spray. Brush tops with melted butter, if desired.
- Bake 12 - 11 minutes or until golden brown. Watch closely in the last few minutes to ensure they don't burn.
- Remove biscuits from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Having a party? When planning your low carb spread, think about which dishes you can make in advance and which need fresh ingredients that day.