Atkins Garlic Toast Crisps Recipe
Net Atkins Count TM
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
2 Atkins Soy-Free Flour Mix
0 1/4 cup olive oil USDA
1 oz fresh garlic cloves USDA
1 Tbsp baking powder, low sodium USDA
0 1/2 tsp table salt USDA
2 lrg raw egg USDA
6 fl oz club soda USDA
Use the Atkins recipe to make Atkins Soy-Free Flour Mix for this recipe, you will need 2 cups. Have these crispy crackers with olive tapenade or guacamole.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pan with olive oil spray.
- Place olive oil and garlic in a small microwave-safe cup and microwave on high until garlic turns golden, about 1 minute. (Or cook in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking mix, baking powder and salt and blend well. Add club soda, eggs and 1 tablespoon of the garlic oil. Mix by hand or with an electric mixer until just combined.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan, smooth top and bake 45 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer loaf to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- When loaf has cooled, using a serrated knife, cut loaf into 20 thin slices. Place them on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with the remaining garlic oil, turning to coat both sides, and sprinkling with additional salt.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 14 minutes.
Having a party? When planning your low carb spread, think about which dishes you can make in advance and which need fresh ingredients that day.