Salmon-Asparagus Crepes with Swiss Cheese Sauce Recipe
Net Atkins Count TM
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
Use the Atkins recipe to make Atkins Soy-Free Flour Mix for this recipe, you will need 3 tablespoons. You will also need 1 teaspoon of either green or black peppercorns. For the Cheese Sauce, we recommend you make your own following the linked recipe or if using pre-made be sure that it has less than 2g NC per serving. You will need ¾ cup cheese sauce for this recipe.
- For crepe batter: In a blender, combine eggs, 3 tablespoons baking mix, cream, 1 tablespoon water and xanthan gum (optional but recommended). Blend on high speed until batter is smooth.
- To make crepes: Melt 1/4 teaspoon of the butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons batter and swirl pan to coat bottom. Cook until lightly browned on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip crepe and cook until lightly browned (about 30 seconds). Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter and butter to make 5 crepes.
- For filling: Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice into a large, straight-sided skillet or shallow saucepan. Add remaining water, salt and 1 tsp peppercorns and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add salmon and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer salmon to a plate; flake with a fork. Heat oven to 375°F. Butter a 7-inch by 10-inch baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter.
- Remove woody ends of asparagus and cut into bite size pieces. Melt remaining ¾ teaspoon butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and season with salt and pepper; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until liquid evaporates, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Add 9 tablespoons of the cheese sauce to asparagus and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and gently stir in the salmon. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Set crepes on a flat surface. Spoon 1/3 cup salmon mixture on each crepe and roll up; set, seam-side down, in baking dish. Cover top of crepes with remaining 3 tablespoons cheese sauce and bake until sauce is bubbling and edges are lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Each filled crepe is one serving. Enjoy!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.